In this video, you’ll hear from Ricky and Jim from Project24 who both earn a full-time income from blogging. They talk about building one website with only 33 articles that earned $4K per month and then sold for $75,000! Lori Ballen, who also makes a living from blogging enjoys sharing videos from Income School as they follow similar blogging strategies.
**This post contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.
Quick Table of Contents
- Jim and Ricky report that it takes 35 weeks for a blog to reach it’s highest ranking on Google. Don’t quit 5 minutes before the miracle happens.
- A great goal would be one blog per day to plant the right seeds.
- A website can be monetized in many ways including ads and affiliate links and can also be sold
- It takes time and work to achieve results.
- If you can get the traffic, you can get the money
- There is still room for new niche websites
- It’s important to monitor your traffic and understand which sources are and are not bringing you traffic.
- A great email list and funnel can multiply the website’s traffic
- Great work today can result in massive and passive income later
- 1/3 of the Articles are Response posts that answer a specific question and are around 1200-1300 words long. These are low competition queries. These are the first blog posts to be written as they will rank faster creating visibility, credibility and potential backlinks.
- 1/3 of the articles are Staple Posts. They are around 2200 words long and are more in-depth than a quick answer. These could be lists, how to articles, or a deeper dive into a topic that has more information.
- 1/3 of the articles are Pillar Posts. These are big, competitive, topics. These are the ultimate resources for a search query.
- Schedule an hour every day to create content: blog posts, videos, podcasts, etc.
- If you need to, you can outsource content to ghostwriters as well.
Avoid Social Treadmills
- Youtube is a great way to build evergreen content
- Pinterest is a great way to build content that can last for years
- Focus on social channels that allow you to build evergreen content that can be found
Build an Info Product
I’m so glad you found this article. My name is Lori Ballen and I am an affiliate marketer. Having been passionate about marketing my entire life, I was led into affiliate marketing by accident. As a natural teacher, I began sharing my life’s work on video and blogging and before I knew it, I woke up one day with a 6 figure income purely from affiliate marketing. I created my Course The Ballen Method to Marketing for those wanting to generate leads online.
You Might Also Like
- Youtube and COPPA – Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act
- Webinar Jam for Hosting Webinars for Marketing, Training, and Sales
- Acorns Investing
- AT&T Affiliate Program
- Paypal vs Stripe vs Square — A Comparison