Monat is a rapidly growing anti-aging luxury hair care line. It’s a direct sales company where it’s independent salespeople specialize in network marketing. It is an MLM (multi-level marketing) company. The more the rep grows her team, the more money she makes. (men and woman work as reps in this company.)
The 80/20 rule applies here as it does anywhere else. Count on 20% staying in the business and succeeding with 10% being your main team. And out of that will be outliers that are Rock Star Builders!
Quick Table of Contents
Quick Need to Know
- VIP Customer: Someone who signs up with you to receive flexship subscriptions. They save on their products by becoming a VIP, get free shipping after their one-time sign-up, and get special offers to flash sales. They commit to 3 shipments of $84.00 or more.
- Ranking: Every month ranks reset to market partner, level 1. I didn’t understand this or how it worked and lost my mind when I first ranked back to zero after working so hard to rank up. And when we rank up, we earn higher commissions. What you’ll realize though is that ranking up happens FAST when you already have VIPs and Market Partners under you. So don’t panic. I’ll cover more on ranks as we go.
- Retail Customers: These are people that pay full price for your product
- Market Partner (MP): An independent market partner that signs up under you. You profit from their business.
How To Make Money With Monat
You earn commissions through your own sales and through sales of your team. You’ll earn bonuses on the product packs (starter kits), through your smart start program and through company incentives offered frequently throughout the year.
Your commission will be directly in proportion to the current rank you hold in the company. I’ll cover more on earning ranks below.
Your personal volume is anything you buy, anything your customers buy from your website directly or from you.
Depending on your rank at the time the month ends, your commissions will vary:
- Up to 25% on your VIP Customers
- Up to 40% on Retail Customers
- Team bonuses include unilevel bonuses, network bonuses, group volume bonuses, and generational bonuses.
- Rank Advancement Bonuses
- Matching Rank Advancement Bonuses
- Builder Bonuses
Smart Start Bonuses
Smart Start bonuses are for new market partners, although Monat did roll out a temporary company-wide smart start for all market partners recently.
Your Smart Start period begins on the day you sign up and includes the remainder of the month. (This is why it’s a strategic move to sign up on the 1st of the month). It also includes the two following months.
I hit all my smart start bonuses and it did take the 2 full months plus all of my first month and I signed up early in the month.Lori Ballen, Independent Market Partner
The smart start period is designed to teach you the best way to build your business including both VIPs and Market Partners. The bonuses are therefore paid on this balance of both. If you can do this, you are going to have an amazing business!
- Enroll 4 VIPs and get $60 USD / $75 CAD
- You’ll earn the standard bonus on the product pack (see Product Pack Bonuses)
- 4 VIPs + 1 MP = a Block. Each block is worth $150 USD / $175 CAD
- Build 3 blocks and earn a $500 Bonus USD | $600 CAD. This is called a Monatborhood
- Bonuses are unlimited
Bonus to building a team: When one of the market partners you sponsored earns a blog, you get a matching bonus of $75 USD. You must be at least at the same paid-rank or higher as the market partner that earns the block bonus. This is motivation to keep you building and ranking up!
Emerging Founders Pool
Each quarter, Monat will pool and profit share back 1% on all U.S. and Canadian sales over $75 Million USD. Complete rules and requirements in the FAQ’s (market partner access only).
When a Market Partner signs up, they choose a product pack. They choose a package with various products and samples. The higher the product pack, the more value the new market partner receives through discounts. Their product pack also counts towards their personal volume.
The sponsoring market partner earns a bonus from $50 to $230 USD depending on the purchase.
For Example, if a market partner sponsors 2 market partners this month, and each purchases the $299 Business Pack, then the sponsoring market partner earns $200, $100 for each pack. These add up quick when you are building a team.
Personal Sales Bonus:
- Personal Volume at the end of the month is $1000 – $199 earn 3% more on the total.
- Personal Volume at the end of the month is $2,000 – $3,499 and earn 5% more.
- Personal Volume at the end of the month is $3,500 or more and earn 10%
Personal volume = anything you as the market partner buys, any retail sales (full price sales) and any VIP sales. Items your sponsored market partners and their downline buy do not count in personal volume (PV), those will be group volume (GV).
VIP Acquisition Bonus
- 4 VIPs in any month =$60
Uni-level bonuses offer you commission on your downline through 4 levels. After that, they become generation bonuses and go on forever at the 5th generation rate.
The percentages you are paid and the number of levels you are paid on are based on your Paid-As Title, regardless of the titles of the people below you. In other words, to receive more, you must rank higher.
Uni-level bonuses are in addition to group volume commission.
Levels are the people under you.
you sponsor MARY. Mary sponsors Jane. Jane sponsors Dick. Dick sponsors Susie.
Mary is level 1.
Jane is level 2.
Dick is level 3.
Susie is level 4.
As with all commissions, in order to receive income, you must be an ACTIVE market partner, which means at least $200 in personal volume (your purchases, retail and VIP).
- Market Partner (MP): Level 1: 7%
- Managing Market Partner (MMP): Level 1: 10% | Level 2: 3%
- Market Builder (MB): 12% | 6% | 3%
- Managing Market Builder (MMB): Level 1: 12% | Level 2: 7% | Level 3: 5% | Level 4: 3%
- Associate Market Mentor (AMM): Level 1: 12% | Level 2: 7% | Level 3: 5% | Level 4: 3%
- Market Mentor (MM): Level 1: 12% | Level 2: 7% | Level 3: 5% | Level 4: 3%
- Managing Market Mentor (MMM): Level 1: 12% | Level 2: 7% | Level 3: 5% | Level 4: 3%
- Associate Executive Director (AED): Level 1: 12% | Level 2: 7% | Level 3: 5% | Level 4: 3%
- Executive Director (ED): Level 1: 12% | Level 2: 7% | Level 3: 5% | Level 4: 3%
- Senior Executive Director: Level 1: 12% | Level 2: 7% | Level 3: 5% | Level 4: 3%
Group Volume Bonus
A 2% bonus paid when you have sales volume on your 5th level through your next Managing Market Builder or higher. (starting a new generation)
[A Generation begins with a Market Partner in your downline who has a Career Title of Managing Market Builder or above and can be anywhere below you. A Generation includes everyone below them, down to, but not including, the next Career-Titled Managing Market Builder or above.]
While some of the compensation was detailed out, there are many promotions that I didn’t cover and that are yet to come. Monat Market Partners have one of the best compensation plans in the world of direct sales.
If you are willing to build a team, the commission, bonuses, and advancements will stack and keep on coming!
Wait, did I mention the CAR?? (contact me for more details!)