WordPress Plugins add functionality to your WordPress website. They add areas to add tracking codes, forms, graphics, image optimization tools, SEO, website health and much more. Some are free and some are paid.
To use a plugin, visit the creator and download from their website. Then click on Plugins on your WordPress Website, choose upload, and then activate.
You can also browse for plugins in the WordPress Library by clicking on Plugins and then browse.
Here are some we have used in our companies.
- Google Analytics
- Header and Footer Scripts
- Table of Contents Plus (or Easy Table of Contents)
- Shortcodes Ultimate
- Query Monitor
- Simple Social Icons
- Social Pug
- Tablepress Pro
- Thirsty Affiliates
- All in One SEO
- Broken Link Checker
- WP Author, Date and Meta Remover
- EWWW Image Optimizer
- GetResponse for WordPress
- Q2W3 Fixed Widget
- Open External Links in a New Window
- Yoast SEO
- Pinterest Pin It Button On Image Hover And After Post & Page Content
- Youtube and COPPA – Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act
- Webinar Jam for Hosting Webinars for Marketing, Training, and Sales
- Acorns Investing
- AT&T Affiliate Program
- Paypal vs Stripe vs Square — A Comparison